Same Day Dentistry
Dentistry is constantly evolving. Here at Charles Street Dental we do our best to keep up with all the new technology available to our field.
One of the most fascinating tools available in dentistry today is digital impression taking, and the use of CAD CAM imaging.
This technology is what makes your visit a ” same day dentistry”. You will receive your Crown, Onlay, and inlay the same day after just 20-30 minutes wait.
Dr. Madani is amongst only 6% of the dentist in our nation who has invested in training and bringing this technology to our practice.
CEREC is a sophisticated system that designs and makes high quality, metal-free dental restorations in one patient visit. This system utilizes 3D photography and CAD/CAM technology to assist Dr. Madani in designing a virtual restoration without taking impressions. This allows us to make precise restorations that look great, fit perfectly and can last for years.
Our CEREC system allows our practice to do same-day restorations on almost all procedures, including inlays, onlays, crowns and bridges. A typical CEREC crown appointment can last less than two hours and there is no need for additional appointments. Also, the CEREC system creates restorations from a solid block of ceramic, creating very durable and strong restorations.
You may be a CEREC candidate if you:
- Have been told you need a new crown, inlay, onlay or bridge
- Have a cracked tooth, old failing restorations or large damage/trauma on your teeth
- Are interested in replacing old metal restorations with biocompatible restorations
- Photographs of your cavity are taken and stored in our 3D digital model software to approximate the restoration shape.
- The model is refined using 3D CAD software.
- When the model is complete, a machine carves the actual restoration out of a ceramic block.
- The restoration is bonded to the tooth using a resin.
If you would like to know more about the CEREC system, please contact us.